Our well-trained, knowledgeable staff offers classes
that will best suit your swimmer & their ability
The Hosford Swim School brings their years of knowledge and experience to the pool to create a fun and safe experience for your swimmer.
- Session 1: April 27 – May 7 (4:30PM, 5:30PM, 6:30PM)
- Session 2: May 11 – 21 (8:30AM, 9:30AM, 10:30AM, 4:30PMm 5:30PM, 6:30PM)
- Session 3: June 1 – 11 (8:30AM, 9:30AM, 10:30AM, 4:30PM, 5:30PM, 6:30PM)
- Session 4: June 15 – 25 (8:30AM, 9:30AM, 10:30AM, 4:30PM, 5:30PM, 6:30PM)
- Session 5: July 6 – 16 (8:30AM, 9:30AM, 10:30AM, 4:30PM, 5:30PM, 6:30PM)
- Session 6: July 20 – 30 (8:30AM, 9:30AM, 10:30AM, 4:30PM, 5:30PM, 6:30PM)
- Session 7: August 17 – 27 (4:30PM, 5:30PM, 6:30PM)
- Session 8: August 31 – September 10 (4:30PM, 5:30PM, 6:30PM)
- Session 9: September 14 – 24 (4:30PM, 5:30PM, 6:30PM)
- Session 10: September 28 – October 8 (4:30PM, 5:30PM, 6:30PM)
Our lessons are one hour per day and each session runs for two weeks, Monday through Thursday. We reserve Fridays in case there is a weather cancellation.
Beginners: (Ages 2+) Even though the prime age to learn to swim is 3 years old, we like to start them at 2 years old. At this age we teach more of a survival skills than swimming. Depending on the age and the motor skills of the swimmer, this level of swimming will differ to each child.
If this is your child’s first time taking swimming lessons it may be harder for you than your swimmer. Getting a child acclimated to the instructor and to the water is a battle on its own. The first few days are a little hectic if they hate the water, but by the end of the week you should already see a big change. The Second week is a whole lot smoother than the first week, so please be patient with us. Some kids take a little longer than others so please be patient with your child as well.
We ask that parents do not sit on the side of the pool while their child is with the instructor. This is very distracting to your child and to the instructor. If your child is upset and crying we found that out of sight out of mind works best in this situation.
Intermediate: This class is for mediocre swimmers who need to work on their stroke and breathing to the side. If you are thinking about joining a swim team this class will help you get ready.
Advanced: This class is for swimmers who want to become a better swimmer all around. If you are training for a triathlon or just want to get into good swimming shape this class is for you.
What to Bring
Please do not change your kid on the pool deck.
We like for every kid to wear goggles. We will have extra just in case.
Please bring two towels with you.
Please do not put your kid in a regular diaper.